PCA National Specialty – October 12-16, 2017
Plan now to attend!
Events at our 2017 PCA National Specialty will be held as part of the
Tentative Schedule of events:
Thursday, October 12
- AM: Agility Trial — Watertown TN. Judge Dan Faulkner( See Info below)
- PM: Board Meeting — WCEC Lebanon TN
- Evening: Welcome Party —WCEC Lebanon TN.Plans are still coming together for the Welcome Party. Glen VanDerHart, our Specialty chair is hoping to have a pizza party with attendees bringing wine and beer specific to their region. More information to follow.
Friday, October 13
- AM: Obedience Trial — WCEC Lebanon TN (all regular classes, all preferred classes, beginner novice)(see info below)
- AM: Rally Trial — WCEC Lebanon TN (novice, advanced, excellent, RAE)(see info below)
- National Specialty—WCEC Lebanon TN Judge:Sweeps Judge: Amanda Mills (U.K.) National Judge: Sherry Gibson
- Evening: Annual Banquet — WCEC Lebanon TN Reserve your place at the 2017 Annual Banquet! Orders must be received by Sept 25th, and you can pay online or by mail
Saturday, October 14
- Regional Specialty — WCEC Lebanon TN (as part of Tri-Star Kennel Club of Williamson County, TN shows) Sweeps Judge: Beth Speich Regional Judge: Merel Taylor
Sunday, September 15
- Supported Entry — WCED Lebanon TN (as part of Tri-Star Kennel Club of Williamson County, TN shows) Judge: Marjorie Tuff
Monday, October 16
- Herding —The Stables at Belle Meadow, Wartrace TN, (Instinct Test, Farm Dog Certified Test,
offered twice). Judges: Doyle Ivie and Claire A Hamilton (See info below)
Valarie Cheimis is working on a Raffle event with some great prizes. It will be advertised on the Puli Club website and even those who cannot attend the Specialty will be able to participate . Currently she has an East Coast dog crate, a 4 day/3 night stay at a two bedroom oceanfront condo at Myrtle Beach, and a handmade quilt. Tickets will sell for 1 for $5, 5 for $20, and 15 for $50. Tickets may be designated for a specific raffle item
The Agility trial will be held on Thursday October 12 at the Never Go Back Ranch, 337 Beech Log Road, Watertown, TN 37184 (it’s about 5 miles from the regular show site). The trial site is under cover (with open sides) on artificial turf. Start time is 9:00 AM. The judge will be Dan Faulkner. The classes will be: Standard (Novice thru Masters), JWW (Novice thru Masters), andT2B The trial is open to all breeds, but Pulik will have preference. Entry fees will be $20 first entry, $15 second entry and $12 third entry for the same dog. Cathy Pronzini is working on the premium list – it will be available on the Puli Club website as soon as it is available. If you don’t have access to the web, you can contact Cathy for a hard copy (email@example.com or send her a note at 2555 Holly Oak Drive, Danville, CA 94506- 2057). If you receive e-mails from the Puli Club , you will get an e-mail when the premium list is available
Herding Tests info
PCA is fortunate this year to be able to offer two different Herding Tests, a Herding Instinct Test and a new AKC Test called Farm Dog Certified [ FDC ]. Both will be held on Monday October 16, 2017, under cover, at The Stables at Belle Meadow, 6659 Hwy 64 E, Wartrace TN 37183. Pulik must be 9 months old to enter either test. If you pass [ and both are pass/fail ] two tests for each discipline, you will earn an AKC Herding Certificate or Title. You do not need any specialized training or exposure to sheep for the Herding Instinct Test. The Instinct Test and FDC Test will be run simultaneously so you will be able to earn the needed Q’s in one day . Entry fee is $40.00 per Test. We will allow “Day of ” entries. However , it would be advantageous to pre-enter as we will have limited entries. Premiums will be available soon on the Puli Club website and an email will be sent to those who receive Puli Post by e-mail . If anyone wants a hard copy please contact : Patty Anspach firstname.lastname@example.org or at 2367 E. 100 N., Winamac, IN 45996 -7758. The Instinct Test is limited to Pulik only. The Farm Dog Certified Test will be open to all Breeds. Limited of 25 dogs for each test. We will have two judges (Doyle Ivie and Claire A Hamilton) and our judges are familiar with Pulik. At least one of our members trains with them—which is a big plus. Wartrace is about one hour south of Lebanon TN and is easily reached by taking I-40 WST to 840 WEST to I- 24 south to Wartrace. Wartrace is about 12 minutes from I-24.
Obedience and Rally Trials
The Premium List for the Obedience and Rally Trials should be available on the Puli Club website soon. Entries close on Wednesday September 27, 2017 at 6 pm.CDT. Entries may be mailed to the Trial Secretary, Linore Cleveland, at 105 Hopi Way, Kerrville, TX 78028 . The fees are $28 for the first entry in Obedience or Rally, $25 for an additional entry. The website will provide a method to pay for entries, and entry forms can be filled out and signed and then scanned and sent to the Trial Secretary at email@example.com. PCA is offering all regular and preferred Obedience classes as well as Beginner Novice (both A and B classes ). Rally classes are the standard Novice,, Advanced, and Excellent (both A and B classes)
Watch this space. We’ll be adding info and filling in more details soon.
Lebanon is located in Middle Tennessee, approximately 25 miles east of downtown Nashville. Quoting Wikipedia: “The city was incorporated in 1801…. Local residents have called Lebanon ‘Cedar City’, mostly a reference to the abundance of cedar trees in the area. The city is home to Cumberland University, a small, private four-year liberal arts institution.”